Employment and educational activities following graduation; perceptions of preparation for employment and further education; perceived impact of Boise State experiences on civic involvement.
The 2013 survey and earlier surveys were sent to Alumni one year out from graduation. The 2017 survey was sent out to Alumni five years from graduation.
The 2013 and previous surveys (one year out survey) were administered every other year. The five year survey is administered every three years.
Results available at university, college, and department level; undergraduate vs. graduate; possibly at the academic plan level if there are enough responses.
- Response Rate 2011-12 – 25%
- Response Rate 2009-10 – 40%
- Response Rate 2007-08 – 38%
Campus Climate Survey
- Campus Climate Survey Description
- Campus Climate Survey Administration
- Campus Climate Survey Response Rates
Assess the workplace climate on campus.
Intermittent (most recently administered in spring of 2013) – All full-time faculty and staff.
Results available at university, college, or VP unit level; faculty, classified staff, professional staff.
- Response Rates – 2013 – estimated 50% of faculty and 57% of staff receiving benefits
- Response Rates – 2005 – estimated 53% of FT faculty and 53% of staff completed survey
Gathers information on student technology.
This survey was not administered in 2016, due to low previous response rates.
Administered every third year starting in 2013 (next administration is in 2016). Those surveyed are a random sample of Undergraduate Students. Results available only at the university level.
- Response Rate – 2013 – 24%
- Response Rate – 2011 – 21%
- Response Rate – 2009 – 18%
Graduating Student Survey
- Graduating Student Survey Description
- Graduating Student Survey Administration
- Graduating Student Survey Response Results
Obtain students’ perceptions of their academic experience at the point of graduation.
Administered every fall and spring semester to all graduating students.
Results available at the university, college, and department level; undergraduate vs. graduate; possibly at the academic plan level if there are enough responses.
- Overall Response Rate 2015-16 – 44%
- Overall Response Rate 2014-15 – 37%
- Overall Response Rate 2013-14 – 46%
- Overall Response Rate 2012-13 – 39%
- Overall Response Rate 2011-12 – 43%
National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE)
- National Survey of Student Engagement Description
- National Survey of Student Engagement Administration
- National Survey of Student Engagement Response Rates
National survey designed to identify the extent that students are participating in practices related to student engagement and learning. Includes comparative data to other institutions.
NOTE: The NSSE was extensively revised starting with the 2013 administration. Boise State participated in the 2012 pilot of the new survey so data are available for both versions for 2012.
Administered every third year. Those surveyed were all freshmen and seniors.
Results available at university level; college level but majors included under college differ somewhat from ours.
- Response Rates – 2015 – 22% overall (18% freshmen and 26% seniors); national response rate was 24% overall (22% freshmen and 25% seniors)
- Response Rates – 2012 – 28% overall (21% of freshmen and 34% of seniors); national response rate was 25% overall (23% of freshmen and 27% of seniors)
- Response Rates – 2010 – 35% overall (32% of freshmen and 38% of seniors); national response rate was 32% overall (30% of freshmen and 33% of seniors)
- Response Rates – 2008 – 33% overall (31% of freshmen and 35% of seniors)
Undergraduate Advising Survey
- Undergrad Advising Survey Description
- Undergrad Advising Survey Administration
- Undergrad Advising Survey Response Rates
Ascertain students’ perceptions of advising and the extent that advising is taking place.
Undergraduate advising surveys results administered in 2017, including response rates, can be found in the interactive dashboard on our website’s menu bar.
Undergraduate Student Advising (version 2014)
Undergraduate Advising Survey (version 2010)
Undergraduate advising surveys are administered every 3 years (most recent administration in spring of 2017).
Results available at the university, college, and department level; at the academic plan level if there are enough responses.
- Response Rate 2014 – 27%
- Response Rate 2010 – 32%
- Response Rate 2007 – 31%