The Office of Institutional Research regularly completes research and analyses on a variety of topics related to student success and other other university performance metrics. Each report is assigned a unique number, starting with the year and then with a sequence number (e.g., 2012-01, 2012-02, 2012-03).
Reports are presented in descending order with the most recent reports at the top in each category.
- Report 2018-01: Multi-year scholarship and retention: A three-year follow-up
- Report 2015-02: Are students who are low-income/and/or first-generation-in-college less likely to experience academic success at Boise State?
- Report 2014-13: Multi-year scholarships and retention: A two-year follow-up
- Report 2014-06: What happened to the Fall 2013 cohort?
- Presentation 2014: Modeling Retention and Graduation in the Major: Poster Presentation at the 2014 Association for Institutional Research Conference
- Presentation 2014: Analyzing Changes in Retention and Graduation: Presentation to the President’s Council
- Report 2014-03: What is related to student retention in STEM for STEM majors?
- Report 2014-02: Multi-year Scholarships and Retention
- Report 2014-01: Follow-up on Fall 2012 Students Who Did Not Return to Boise State in Fall 2013
- Report 2013-03: Addressing the pattern of changes in retention and graduation
- Report 2013-02: Predicting Retention Using Ten Years of Cohorts and Retention Data
- Report 2013-01: Do full-time students taking fewer credits their first semester have greater success at Boise State?
- Report 2012-08: Financial Aid and Retention
- Report 2012-04: Is there a relationship between reasons given for discontinuing enrollment and returning at a later date?
- Report 2012-02: Why Students Do Not Return to or Withdraw From Boise State
- Report 2012-05: Non-returning and Withdrawing Student Survey Results through Spring 2011
- Report 2007-04: Sense of community, stress levels, and discrepancy between ideal perceptions and actual experiences in retaining first year students
- Report 2005-03: Predicting the Return of Fall 2003 First-Time-In-College Students
- Report 2005-02: Why Fall 2003 Freshmen Left Boise State University And Whether They Plan to Return
- Report 2016-04: Pathways to Graduation – 2015-16
- Report 2016-04: Appendix – 2015-16
- Report 2016-04: Pathways data tables
- White Paper: Six-year Graduation Rates
- Report 2015-08: Pathways to Graduation – 2014-15
- Report 2015-08: Appendix – 2014-15
- Report 2014-07: Pathways to Graduation – 2013-14
- Report 2014-07: Appendix -2013-14
- Report 2012-07: Progress toward Graduation for Fall 2005 First-time Full-time Degree Seeking Freshmen
- Report 2012-06: Course Repeats and Progress Toward Graduation
- Report 2012-03: What affects time to graduation for 2010-2011 bachelor’s graduates who took all of their courses at Boise Sate?
- Report 2006-01: Boise State Graduates Stay in Idaho, Contribute to Economy
- Report 2014-17: Results of the 2017 Academic Advising Survey
- Report 2014-12: Results of the 2014 Academic Advising Survey
- Report 2011-03: How do Students View Advising? Results from the Fall 2010 Advising Survey
- Report 2011-02: Did students respond differently to the academic advising survey in 2010 compared to prior years?
- Report 2008-05: Faculty Advising Survey Results For Fall 2007
- Report 2008-04: Student Advising Survey Results for Fall 2007 With Comparisons to Fall 2004
- Presentation 2017: Results from the 2017-18 Five Year Out Alumni Survey (2011-12 Graduates)
- Report 2008-02: A Follow-up of 2005-2006 Graduates: Results from the Fall 2007 Alumni Survey
Campus Climate Survey
- Report 2014-09: Campus Workplace Survey: Results for Communication and Work Life
- Report 2014-10: Workplace Climate: A report on Satisfaction with Work Climate
- Report 2014-11: Respect on Campus: Results from the Workplace Climate Survey
Graduating Student Survey
- Presentation 2018: Results from the 2016-17 Graduating Student Survey
- Presentation 2017: Results from 2015-16 Graduating Student Survey
- Presentation 2016: Results from 2014-15 Graduating Student Survey to the Department Chairs
- Report 2015-07: Graduating Student Assessment of Programs and Boise State
- Report 2015-06: Perceived growth in academic and personal skills
- Report 2015-05: Graduating Student Assessment of Faculty and Curricula
- Report 2014-05: What are graduates saying about their experiences at Boise State?
- Report 2019-01: What does NSSE tell us About High Impact Practice(s) and Engagement? (2018 NSSE)
- Report 2019-01: What does NSSE tell us About How Our Students Spend Time? (2018 NSSE)
- Report 2016-05: What does NSSE tell us About High Impact Practice(s) and Engagement? (2015 NSSE)
- Report 2016-03: What does NSSE tell us About How Our Students Spend Time? (2015 NSSE)
- Report 2011-05: NSSE 2010 Benchmarks Over Time
- Report 2009-01: Using National Survey of Student Engagement Results for New Freshmen to Predict One-Year Retention
- Report 2008-01: Beginning College Survey of Student Engagement (BCSSE)
- Report 2007-03: NSSE Outcomes Comparisons by Year and Class Level for 2002, 2004 and 2006 Administrations Adjusted for full-time enrollment, gender, and age
- Presentation: National Survey of Student Engagement 2010
- Presentation: National Survey of Student Engagement 2006
- Presentation: RMAIR 2006 Supportive Campus Environment
- RR-2006-03: What New Freshman Want from the Ideal College and What they Got at Boise State University
- Published Paper: The effect of incentives and other instructor-driven strategies to increase online student evaluation response rates (requires Boise State log on)
- Presentation: AIR 2014: What Faculty can do to Improve Response Rates
- Report 2014-04: Relationship of Math courses and Grades to Success in CHEM 111
- Report 2011-04: Summer Course Grades and Next Course
- Report 2006-04:The Relationship of Grade and Instructor in First Math Course and Performance in Second Math Course
- Report 2005-07: The Relationship of Grades in First Math Course and Test Scores for Fall 2003 and Fall 2004 First-Time-in-College Students
- Report 2005-06: BSU Enrollment in Remedial Math and English Course in 2004-05
- Report 2005-06: Do students have lower grades in the next course when one of the courses is offered during a shortened summer term?
- Report 2017-01: Bottleneck Courses and Departments, 2010-11 to 2015-16
- Report 2016-02: Bottleneck Courses and Departments, 2010-11 to 2014-15
- Report 2015-03: Does attending summer school have an impact on removal from probation?
- Report 2015-01: Test Scores for International Students and Academics Outcomes
- Report 2014-06: Probation and Dismissal
- Report 2012-01: Do Students Who Take Concurrent Enrollment Courses from Boise State While in High School Have Higher College Attendance Rates and Perform More Successfully in College?
- Report 2010:01: Enrollment at Multiple Institutions: An Analysis based on fall 2010 enrollments
- Report 2008-03: What Happens to Concurrently Enrolled High School Students Who Attended Boise State University During High School?
- Report 2005-05: What Factors Predict Learning in Service-Learning Courses?