Charge: To improve data quality and promote consistency in the definition and use of data at Boise State University.
Purpose: The purpose of the Data Quality Council is to:
- Identify data quality issues that hinder accurate and consistent data applications;
- Define clear and commonly-used structures, models, definitions, and processes to support coordination and collaboration, effective decision-support, and efficient use of University resources around data quality;
- Provide guidance and recommendations concerning our institutional data needs, including how we identify and capture data elements;
- Advise the BIRS/DW team on data quality issues and seek effective resolution;
- Consult with BIRS/DW team on the development of new data views and/or enhancements to existing data views.
Membership: To consist of individuals (“data experts”) representing the following units/groups*:
- Institutional Research (to coordinate the DQC)
- Business Intelligence and Reporting Services (BIRS/DW)
- Enrollment Services (two reps from Enrollment Services, Campus Community, Registrar’s Office, Financial Aid, Admissions)
- Extended Studies
- Graduate College
- College representative
* As additional data are brought into the data warehouse, the group will need to expand to include representatives from Human Resources, Finance, etc.
- U of Wisconsin-Madison http://apir.wisc.edu/dig.htm
- U of Washington http://www.washington.edu/uwit/im/dmc/dmc.html
- U of California Berkeley http://idmg.berkeley.edu/
- U of Nevada Las Vegas http://ir.unlv.edu/IAP/decisionsupport/Content/Data+Governance+at+UNLV.aspx